Saturday, February 27, 2010

Movie Review --- The Wolfman

Worth the price of a matinee movie as it was okay. I'm thinking about what my husband said, (he liked it too) but he commented as we were leaving that "they just can't scare us anymore." I think that's a valid point, although the scariest movie I've seen in the last 10 years was No Country For Old Men (that Anton Chigurh played by Javier Bardem seriously creeped me out, and I'm not kidding.) Even with all the special, special effects, it's hard to scare us. We all know that almost nothing we see on film is real anymore.

A small point, but I had a hard time buying Benicio Del Toro as Anthony Hopkins son. And honestly, Benicio is not aging well. Add a serious case of lycanthropy to it and he's looking a mite peaked and paunchy.

*** 3 Stars -- and NO, Colleen, you won't want to see this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment