Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Sound of Music to my ears....

... was listening to my 83 year-old mama singing along to the movie this evening at the Huebner Oaks theater.  I was a little hesitant, since it didn't start until 6:30pm, and that's late for her.  But I went along, thinking if she only lasted 30 minutes, at least she might enjoy part of it.  The theater was full! Amazing how this movie has lasted and still has such a following - - - of all ages!  This was a "sing along" and the whole place was filled with voices.  Amazing.  


Mom lasted about 2-1/2 hours! Full props to my sister for finding this amazing event and for arranging to take our mom.  I'm so grateful to her for this evening of Mom enjoying old memories - - -  beautiful! 

2 comments:

  1. OH THAT'S AWESOME!!! She remembered the songs?!?! I'm so glad that you guys took her!! I would have loved to hear her singing as well... Good for you on getting her out... She looks good in the picture too!

    I went to see her weekend before last and she took a stroll with Mom and I around her place. Was doing pretty good that day!

    Way to go, A. Mary and A. Pat!! :) Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom went with us too, Em! It really was great!

    ReplyDelete