Sunday, November 14, 2010

What I'm Reading....

or listening to, to be honest.  I have to say, now that I've found audio-books, I totally love them.  The problem comes when I have a book I'm so totally IN to, when I arrive at my destination, I hate to turn off the car and go in!
This book meets that quality - and then some!  The Passage, by Justin Cronin, came out in June, but I am just now getting to it.  It is mesmerizing!  I love a good apocalyptic tale, especially the "rebuilding" part.  Ever since I was introduced to Paul O. Williams way back when (geeez, when I tell you it was probably 25 years ago, I'm going to feel really OLD!) I've loved this kind of story.
On top of a wonderful tale, the readers of this one are fabulous!
Scott Brick (who's voice reminds me of Frazier Crane), Adenrele Oio, and Abby Craden.  Wonderful!
You really have to love SiFi for this one, and don't be put off by the reviews mention of vampires.  These are not really vampires...I won't tell you where they came from because that would spoil the tale for you, but vampires are nothing like the creatures in this book.
Read (listen) to it!  It's a long one (2 points at Audible!), but I guarantee you'll be hooked! 

"If you only take one book away with you this summer, make it The Passage. It's an absorbing, nightmarish dream of a book, a terrifying apocalyptic thriller, populated by believable, sympathetic characters. Once you start reading it, you won't want it to end." (Lisa Tuttle THE TIMES )

No comments:

Post a Comment