Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What I'm Reading....

So I finished The Passage, moved on to and finished The Fall, and now I'm listening to Boneshaker, by Cherie Priest.  And, I'm loving it!!!  This is a combination Steampunk and Zombie genres - and I have to say that the two people who are doing the telling are EXCELLENT!!  The two voices belong to Wil Wheaton and Kate Reading.  Kate has an amazing voice and she is by far the stronger reader.  I'm definitely going to be looking for more books read by her.

The story is about a mother, Briar Wilkes, who has a past that she's running from, and a 15 year old son who is anxious to find out the truth of their past.  Her son, Zeke, runs away to the walled up city of Seattle to clear his father's name, and runs into the "undead", pirates, and more. The setting is the late 1800s by the way, in an alternative United States. Wild!

The characters are so likeable, you feel like you know them after only a few chapters.  I can't wait to find out how this one turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment