Sunday, February 12, 2012

Photo Challenge, Week 2

I have been stumped by this weeks challenge, "Made With Love." I know this sounds really easy, but nothing really stood out for me this week.  I grabbed the camera and decided to look around for some inspiration and this shot is the outcome.

John's dad, John, made this for us when we moved out to the first house that John built for us.  I was really into the country theme back then, and even took a few "tole" painting classes, which were all the rage at the time.  His dad was always making something out of wood, and we have many pieces here in the house that he made for us and for the kids.  Colleen has a beautiful hope chest that he made her.  Every time I see this plaque, I think of him.  He was a gentle, kind and hard working man, and he loved our two kids so much.  We miss him, as he's been gone for 14 years now, gone way too soon.  I can't even imagine how much he would have been delighted with KT.  He would have sung "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to her.

I took my decision to learn more about my camera by beginning a series on line.  I read the first one, which was really more about which camera to choose.  That didn't really apply to me, since I already have my camera, but it was interesting.  It seems most professional photographers are really dedicated to their brand.  This weeks section is called "Basics" so it appears it might be more applicable.

Next week is "I Dreamed a Dream."  Wonder what that will mean to me? Oh, here's a bonus picture...Punky scouting out which bird she wants to pounce on! She can sit out there for hours and watch those birds.


1 comment: