Sunday, May 20, 2012

Super Club Kick Off, Finally!

Not one of my photos, but Mari's plates were
very similar to this one I found on eBay.
We had SUCH a great time on Saturday evening at our first supper club get together at the Hoyt's!  The theme was Texas and John made us some super delicious steaks, and everyone brought along a dish to compliment that.  Mari set the table with some really unique dishes that her aunt has been giving her, souvenir plates from around Texas.  They were gorgeous and so much fun to pick up and read, both front and back.  My plate was surrounded across the edge with famous Texas brands.  Really cool, and I wish I had taken a picture of the table.
In fact, I forgot to totally take any pictures.  That's not like me, but we were having so much fun talking and laughing, and drinking some great wine, it just slipped my mind.
We played a little Texas trivia game afterwards, and John really scored...somehow my Florida guy has learned more Texas facts then I know. Not hard, really, since I have no memory any more.
He won two decks of Texas playing cards, which will make great additions to my card collection!
We sure had a good time, and I hope we can do it again soon!  Thanks all for the great conversation and meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment