Sunday, July 15, 2012

WW meals & recipes for week of July 8, 2012

I lost 2 pounds this week! So total of 8 pounds in two weeks.  So far, so good. They took another point away from me this week, so I get 29 points a day.  No problem, I was having trouble using them all each day anyway.
Here is the list of meals that we had this week.


Meals & Recipes for Week of 7/8/2012
Sunday 7/8:  Stir Fry Beef over rice - no recipe, I just counted the beef and olive oil that I used, the rest was all vegetables, served over 1/2 cup of rice.  Easy, peasy.

Monday, 7/9: Loaded Turkey Santa Fe Baked potato skins - 2 points each
Very, very good.  This recipe made 14 loaded potatoes - you can eat as many of these as you have points to use up.  Loved it.  I'm definitely keeping this one.

Tuesday 7/10: Baked Lemon Garlic Tilapia - 5 points
Good and made a couple of extra meals to freeze.

Wednesday 7/11:  Pei Wei take out (Tofu/Veg dish) - 9 points
I'm not wild about the way Pei Wei cuts their tofu in long strips.  I much prefer the cubed cut that takes on the taste of the dish more.  I'm pretty sure we won't have this again.  To get the 9 point version, I had to order with brown rice, which I'm not a big fan of either.  Oh well, at least I didn't have to cook today!

Thursday  7/12:  Chicken Panini with Provolone - 9 points
I used fresh spinach instead of the arugula, which I'm not a fan of.  This was EXCELLENT!  I bought a loaf of ciabatta bread and used 1/7th of it for each serving.  The points value was correct that way, then I just froze the rest of the loaf to use another time.  I don't have a panini press (does anyone really have one of those?) so I just used two fry pans to press the sandwich.  Yummmm!  John liked it too!

Friday  7/13:  John's ball game night - quick spaghetti with ground beef, wheat spaghetti noodles.  I found that the organic sauce that I use is only 1 point for 1/2 cup of sauce.  Nice!

Saturday  7/14:  I had planned to make a vegetarian chili but we went to the movies (I took my rice cakes to snack on there.  I recommend the Quaker "Quakes Rice Snacks, Sweet Chili ones.  You get 18 pieces for only 4 points and they are tasty!)  We ended up eating out, grilled tilapia, wide rice and steamed vegetables at the Islamorada Restaurant at the Bass Pro Shop.

3 comments:

  1. If I can remember correctly, their Lettuce Wraps were very filling and decent on the points. Try that next time! (Pei Wei)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked their site, Small Plate of Minced Chicken w/ Cool Lettuce Wraps (sauce not included) = 8 points

    Sauce is 1 point = 2 oz or 3 points = 4 oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I got knocked down to 32 points today

    ReplyDelete