Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chickens Contained!

Getting 2 - 4 tiny eggs a day now!
We (you know when I say we I really mean John, right?) are putting a chicken run around the chicken coop to keep them in and give them a little freedom during the day...John's idea.  He HATES them coming up and scratching up the flower beds and disturbing the plants, the porches, his peace of mind. Ha! So, he's been working on this the past two weekends.  It's almost done and then he'll be much happier! I actually do help some by offering ice water, unneeded questions and suggestions that are promptly ignored.  I do my part.

The first day we let them out in their brand new run, 6 of the critters promptly flew right over the fence.  Hmmmm.......

Something more was needed.

Yesterday every one of the chickens got a haircut.  I clipped their flying feathers so they can't get any "lift" to get over.  I'll have to let you know how that goes.  So far, so good.
Feathers were flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment