Thursday, November 29, 2012

More pumpkin and squash....

Still processing the pumpkins and squashes!
This is the Amish Pie Pumpkin that I raised.  Not sure if its a good example of how big they can get, as this one is obviously fairly small.  Just keeping the pumpkin to use, no seeds on this one.
I believe this is either a Canada Crookneck or a  Pennsylvania Dutch Crookneck.  I  bought it at HEB, so it wasn't labeled with any name other than "winter squash".  In any case, its a crookneck winter squash.
This is a real old Dumpling squash.  Too old to eat, so it's going to the deer, but I'm saving the seeds first!
Inside the crookneck
Now for the Porcelain Doll pumpkin!  This is a hybrid, so I'm not sure how the seeds will do, but I'm willing to try!  John had to help me open this one up, it has walls about 1-1/2 to 2" thick, with a real small seed cavity. FULL of pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment