Saturday, January 19, 2013

What I'm Reading...

I just finished the first book by Lee Child in the Jack Reacher series, The Killing Floor.  I was interested after seeing the Jack Reacher movie starring Tom Cruise recently that was based on book #9, One Shot.  I found that there is a slew of books in this series, about 16 so far, I think.

Its told in first person, so immediately you feel like you're seeing the events happen through Jack's eyes.  He tells the story in a choppy, very "these are the facts" way, but very easy to read, and the story keeps you interested.  And as a bonus, you'll find out things about our currency and counterfeiting that you never knew before.

My only criticism would be that Jack just can't lose in a fight...he's just THAT good.  Hmmm..... well, maybe he is.  But against a gang in prison?  One guy? Really? (And by the way, Jack is about 6 ft 4 inches tall and blond....why did Tom Cruise get that part?)

Despite that, the book is an easy, fun read, if you like murder mysteries.  Who doesn't?!  I think I'll move on to the next book in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment