Thursday, October 17, 2013

Movie Review --- Enough Said

I did take a few hours last Saturday to go to lunch and a movie with Mari! We had a great time, and I really needed the break.  After lunch, we went to see Enough Said, which turned out to be a real chick flick!  Very cute, lots of laughs, and I recommend it highly, especially if you are middle aged.
The two at the center of the movie (Julia Louis-Dreyfuss as Eva, and James Gandolfini as Albert) are at the age when their children are graduating high school and are about to fly the nest, off to college.  Both are divorced, and are just beginning to understand how alone they will soon be.

There's a lot of humor in this movie, which I really appreciated.  Oh, and no bad language thrown in just to get an R rating, by the way (are you listening to me, The Heat?!!) This turned out to be Gandolfini's last movie, I believe.  I didn't think of him as a romantic actor (wasn't he type-cast as a mobster?) but he pulled it off, especially given the humor that helped carry us all through some pretty awkward situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment