Monday, November 25, 2013

Movie Review --- Hunger Games: Catching Fire

I've really been looking forward to this movie and it was well worth the wait! If you've read the books, you should be satisfied with how they move the story along, although they can't put all of the rich details that the novels provide.

Katniss and Peeta are back in District 12 and living in the homes that are provided to them by the Capital of Panem, as a reward for winning the last game.  President Snow shows up as Katniss is about to embark on a winners tour of the districts with Peeta, threatening her family and the entire District.

As I was watching, I realized that the real hero of this tale is Peeta.  He's been the instigator of everything that Katniss has done since being chosen as a tribute, and that continues in this episode.  Don't forget that his real talent is NOT baking, its his artistic ability, and he uses it. Very well done.

I loved Effie's butterfly dress!
The movie starts out right away, so don't expect any movie titles or star names rolling across the screen.  It picks up right where the last one left off.

And it ends just as abruptly -- leaving me wanting more! Darn! I guess I'll have to wait it out, but I hope they don't take two years to make the next movie.  Excellent couple of hours out of the rain! Go see it, but be sure you watch The Hunger Games first.  Or better yet, read the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment