Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Garden Notes, March 18, 2015 (Carrots, Green Beans)

Today we planted Bed #1-C which is the carrots:


The Short N' Sweet and Little Finger seeds I've had a while, so I'm hoping they are still viable.  

I had created the seed mats for all of the carrots in advance, too.  

Then in Bed #1-D I planted all of the bush green beans:


I've planted Calima for several years now, and they are absolutely beautiful, straight as a pencil and delicious. The rest are new to us, so it'll be interesting to see how they do.


That's it for the veggie garden today.  Afterwards, I planted out 8 of the morning glory plants around the pole where we had them last year.  I just love morning glories!

John worked on the automatic watering system.  This is really going to make the garden much easier.

Burying the electric line....
The cabbage plants just look beautiful.  Waiting to see if these will start creating a head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment