Sunday, December 27, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas....

We have had a really wonderful holidays this year!
Last weekend was "Schwencke" weekend, starting with the annual Schwencke Women's Breakfast.  We all gather at a local restaurant for breakfast together and catch up on what's been going on with all of us.  We started this tradition many years ago with Mom, when our children were all small.
This year we went to Whiskey Cake in San Antonio.

Then the very next day we had the Schwencke Christmas.  It was so great to catch up with everyone! These are all of the cousins (minus one who wasn't able to make it.) 
And here they are again with their husbands, wives and kids.
Next year I have to be sure we take a picture of all of us "old folks" too.  We were so busy talking I didn't think to take out the camera much.

Christmas started for us with mass on Thursday evening at the little church in Lakehills.  The Koenig's joined us, and after mass the girls went over to check out their nativity set.  This is all new for Joss. She can point out who Baby Jesus is, though.

Then on Christmas morning, we had brunch with them at their home, as usual.  The girls got to show us all of their new toys from Santa.  Again, I did a bad job of using the camera.  I don't know what's wrong with me lately -- just not in the swing of the camera thing.
 Sadly, only thought to take a shot after the food was all gone!
Joss is showing me her new bed!

Then we had Christmas lunch out here at the house.  It was a great day.  John and I exchanged gifts before everyone got there.  I got the garden related things that I asked for and he got the welding set he wanted.

I didn't take very many pictures that day either.  Major fail. Here are a few that I did take:
 Joss got some "MiMouse!"stuff -- she loves Minnie!



 KT with her haul!

 Reaching for my phone....little urchin!

The Hoyt's joined us for lunch!

A wonderful Christmas -- now on to New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment