Friday, February 5, 2016

Movie Review --- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!

I know zombies are not for everyone, so I was totally prepared to go to this movie by myself.  I offered to do that, but John said he'd go with me.  So if he starts complaining to you in the near future that I "dragged" him to this movie, you'll know the truth.

He actually thought it "had its moments." I thought it was pretty good! I listened to this book years ago on audio book, so I remembered most of the story.  They did try to follow the bones of the
original story (the Jane Austen one) but with the added adventure of dealing with a zombie invasion of England.

Whatever you do, don't walk into this movie late.  The narrator, Mr. Bennett, played by Charles Dance (yes!! Tywin Lannister!!!) tells us all the background story of what has happened to their country with "pop up" cardboard illustrations.  Well done!  Really....well done!  And of course, the French get all the blame. ha ha ha!!!

Then the action begins, following the original book. There's the uptight, prideful Mr. Darcy, his easily led friend, Mr. Bingley, and his nemesis, Mr. Wickham. I really do love the original story, and zombies just makes it that much better.
Stay until the credits run, at least for a couple of minutes....there's a "tease" for a follow up.  It probably won't be made, but a girl can hope, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment