Saturday, March 25, 2017

Spring Garden Log -- March 25, 2017

I have a whole post to do about my peppers, but no pictures yet, so I'll put that up in a day or two. Meanwhile, I've done some work with the herbs.  This is my bronze fennel that's come up here for the past two years - now three! I started a few from saved seeds, too, and they are behind this one.  We'll see if they make it. 
 I planted lovage this year for the first time, and I was so excited to see them germinate. It took quite a while, and I had to have patience (which is something I lack!)  Looking forward to finding recipes to use lovage in - my friend Mari said she's had some wonderful soup made with it. Sounds good!
I'll try to take some pics of my herb area soon - I have parsleys, dill, and several others starting in there.
 A photo of part of Bed #1 and Bed# 2. Everything is coming along!
 Another view of both of those beds.
This Sea Foam Swiss Chard is just beautiful! I'm impressed with the vibrant lime color.
 One of the potatoes has come up so far!
 My first morning glory of the season! So pretty!
And finally, the Orient pear has bloomed! These blooms didn't last very long and the tree is covered in leaves already. We probably won't have pears for a few more years since this is only the second spring for this tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment