Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Harvesting already!

The first part of the main garden is really doing well, and I've started bringing a few things in already.
I'm thinning the onions a bit as a time to give the remaining more room to grow, so they are coming in to eat as green onions.
Red and white onion thinnings

We've already eaten some of the kale, but this is the first of the Siberian Siber Frill that I've picked. What a funny leaf - besides being super frilly around the edges, this leaf has little frills poking up all inside the leaves too. Very interesting!
The spinach that I was sure that I wasn't going to be successful with has grown beautifully. I don't know why or what I've done right, but I'm not questioning it. Both varieties are just beautiful.  This is a handful of the Red Kitten spinach that I brought in for salad.
The extra dwarf Pak Choy are all looking beautiful - I like to chop them up fresh in salad, too. So crunchy! 
This is the Nero di'Toscana kale that I planted in a container. They are small but beautiful!
Another container grown lettuce (Valmaine) - these were packs that I had just a few seeds left of, so I put them in containers.
Still bringing in a handful of mulberries every day.  Those trees just keep producing.
And finally, here are a few leaves from the beet tops to add to a big salad this week.
Harvest totals so far:

   Mulberries                                         6.6 oz.
Beet tops
1.4
oz.
Nero di'Toscana Kale
0.3
oz.
Siber Frill Kale
0.8
oz.
Valmaine Lettuce
1.1
oz.
Red Onion
1.6
oz.
White Onion
4.7
oz.
Extra Dwarf Pak Choy
0.3
oz.
Red Kitten Spinach
1.1
oz.
Sea Foam Swiss Chard
14.8
oz.
Orange Fantasia Swiss Chard
0.8
oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment